Health care providers are increasingly faced with the challenge of delivering culturally sensitive services to more and more diverse patient/client populations. Additionally, they are finding that more and more of their staff members come from other countries.
This one-day interactive training program will provide participants with tools and methodologies for building cultural competency in health organizations.
- Explore why cultural competency in health care organizations is important.
- Understand how culture and cultural differences impact working with colleagues from other cultures and/or service delivery to diverse client populations.
- Learn tools for working and communicating more effectively with colleagues and patients/clients from other cultures.
- Explore issues related to recruiting and retention of staff members from diverse backgrounds.
- Develop an individual action plan to apply and sustain the learning.
To request a detailed program description or a quote, please contact us.